Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The writing is on the wall!


Yay! I finally got my vinyl letters on my wall! This is the reason I started all that painting in ther first place back in November- I wanted to get this quote put on the wall, but I didn't want to have to take it down to paint, so I had to do the painting first.

The quote is "And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the Lord thy God hath given unto thee" Deut. 26:11

I love this scripture. Not only does it remind me to not take my blessings for granted, and to have joy with all I have been given, but it has special significance because we used it on Abigail's birth announcement.


I am so happy to have it up on the wall where I can remind myself all day to give thanks and rejoice in my life- I usually think of it in relation to the kids. I need to spend more time rejoicing in them and less time allowing myself to be annoyed by things!
I ordered it from this website: http://www.allysattic.net/Site/Home.html

7 comments:

James and Ali said...

Don't you just LOVE the vinyl lettering?! I am a huge fan. I want to put it everywhere. It looks so cute on that wall, and I love that scripture!

Alison Ward said...

Looks awesome Shanna! Thanks for the website plug, I'm glad it turned out so well.

Rebecca said...

I love it!!

Adam and Lisa said...

It looks great- I can't wait to see it. I got your email and I wrote you back.

The Petersons said...

This looks really cute. I've thought of doing something similar, but can't decide on which quote I want to use. Maybe someday. And, your quilts are amazing!

Elaine said...

You have a beautiful home! I love the quote, it looks so pretty up there on your wall.

Melinda & Matt said...

I still love it (though it looks better in person :D) I want to do the same for my basement stairs, but I can't find any quote that i like that is short enough!