Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bath Time

Sometimes giving baths can feel like a lot of work (for me, at least. The kids always have fun).

Fill the tub, get undressed. Wash face, wash body, wash hair. Rinse all of the above. Try to minimize splashing during play time. Get out of tub, wipe up all the water, get kid dry, get re-dressed, brush teeth. Times three. Then clean up bathroom, hang up towels, wipe up all the toothpaste mess, put dirty clothes in hamper. Dry myself off, sometimes requiring a change of clothes.

Sometimes I am really tired after doing all the work of bath time.


But sometimes, bath time can feel like play time.


Especially when we fill up our indoor swimming pool.



6 comments:

Colleen said...

What cute kids -- don't you just want to kiss those clean faces. It is good to have you blogging again -- I have missed your blogs.

Colleen said...

What cute kids -- don't you just want to kiss those clean faces. It is good to have you blogging again -- I have missed your blogs.

Rebecca said...

They are SO cute! I love them all, but especially that last one of Jack. :)

Shanna said...

That is my favorite too. Jack has a knack for looking animated and funny, Abigail is very good at looking really cute/beautiful, and Aidan always looks a little confused, bleary, or just a little 'off'. :)

camille said...

how cute!!! I miss those funny little kids so much!

Rhonda said...

I hear you about baths. It is major work, especially with two girls with really long hair. I love and appreciate Daniel's short cut. Bath time at the end of the day is just sometimes too much and we put it off until morning when I'm refreshed.