Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dare to hope?

Jack is doing amazing with the potty training. We are solidly in phase 5, and dabbling in phase 6. I only occasionally remind him, he just goes and does his thing when he needs to. Woo Hoo!

And today I have something new to report. I occasionally check in with Aidan. "Do you want to try the potty?" "No" "Would you like underwear today?" "No". I checked in with him this afternoon, and he again affirmed his love for diapers and all things 'baby', and denied any desire to use the potty. So, okay, that's fine. I'm so happy with Jack that I'm really not worried about it.

About 4 o'clock, we do our cleanup, and Mommy needs a break, kids are going hog wild, we decide to watch a movie. 30 minutes before the movie ends, Aidan starts yelling "pause it, Mommy, PAUSE IT!!" I run over and pause it. Then ask him why. He proceeds to tell me that he needs to go pee pee in the potty. "Me no be baby no more. Me go in potty". I asked if he was done with diapers forever, and he says yes. I ask him if he is going to pee in the potty every day, and he says yes. I ask if he is all done with diapers (can you tell I was feeling some disbelief?), and he says yes.

Since Tuesday night is my night 'off', I left shortly afterward. But Kydon reported that Aidan went to the potty once more before bed, and didn't have any accidents. Granted, it was only one hour, but it is HUGE!!! I mean, really, really, HUGE!!

As I was walking around Target (buying more underwear! Yay!), I kept trying to tell myself to calm down, not get too excited, don't count your chickens before they hatch, it isn't done yet....

But I can't help it. I'm way excited!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That's sooo great! We finally got Bryce trained and it's such a good feeling to not have to change nasty diapers from a huge kid! I can't even imagine trying to train two at the same time...that's just insane! But you're doing such a good job and you've been trying much harder than I would've!:)

Colleen said...

I am so proud of Jack and Aidan -- you are a great mom!

Melissa Goodsell said...

Oh it sounds like he's doing a good job. Well done :)
Melx

Rebecca said...

Yay for Jack and Aidan and SUPER yay for their mommy! Sounds like you are on your way. I got the dreaded, "No I wear diapers." today. And I just went with it.

Valeni said...

It was fun to read about the success with potty training. It will be so nice when they are all done with diapers, and it is so cute to hear them talk about things like they do. Thanks for sharing all that happened!