Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Follow up

I wanted to follow up the previous 'Falling to pieces' post. I have to admit that I was really nervous to have Kydon gone. I was worried, panicked, nervous, and just plain scared. I really didn't know how I would do on my own, and how I would keep my emotions in check, something that I have been struggling with lately anyway.


But it has been ok. Actually, pretty darn good. We have had fun. We have stayed really busy (partly why I haven't been posting much). I have not lost my cool nearly as much as I thought I would (phew!). I have been able to roll with the punches, and adjust my plans to go with the flow more easily than I usually can.


I have had a lot of help- my parents took them all for a sleepover, Kydon's mom came up and helped me one day, my sister has kept me company on many of my adventures, and this week's gymnastic camp was a well-planned and very beneficial activity for the kids and break for me.

I have been reading, working on some crafty projects, painting my dining room (pics when the camera Kydon comes home) overhauling my closet, and just enjoying the fact that I was okay while Kydon was gone. I feel stronger, and more sure of myself. Not that my not-so humble self needed much more encouragement, but I feel proud that I can take care of what needs to be done *(as long as no one outside the fam needs to use the bathroom, LOL).

I also have been reading some really fun, and cool blogs that have given me a lot of inspiration to do things I love. I love 'Make and Takes'- Marie has great crafty ideas, and for some reason I can't get her ideas out of my head until I try them! I am also totally hooked on 'Simple Mom'. I started reading her archives, and found a great recipe for roasted chicken, which was easy and yummy, and some good ideas for home management, which I am trying to implement. There are a few more, but I will leave it at that. I am feeling a lot of happiness right now, and will enjoy it as long as it lasts.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm proud of you -- I knew you could do it. I love watching you with your children -- you really have the joy of spontaneous delight down.

Astarte said...

I'm glad you're feeling so empowered!!!! I knew you could do it, but you've really come through with aplomb. Thank God for summer camp, too, huh?!