Monday, July 28, 2008

I am Spam


Have you ever tried to leave a comment on someone's blog, and you have to look at some funny, squiggly letters and type them in the box in order to have the comment go through? Yeah, me too. I know it is to keep out spam, and I know why people have it on the blog. I even know it is called CAPTCHA.

But it is keeping me out. I must be spam. I can NEVER get those stupid letters right. Sometimes I have to try 4 or 5 times before it will let my comment through. I try really hard to look closely, and type every letter as I see it. But I must see it differently than most. And sometimes I just give up. Am I the only spammer out there??
I mean, really, are these crazy letters glaringly obvious to everyone but me? I see tryagacn. But I know that is wrong. I just don't know what the right answer is. And if you want to help reduce my little life stresses, you could remove that little function from your blog. Thanks, from the Spam in your life. (And if you don't get a lot of comments from me, now you know why!)

7 comments:

Mary Kate said...

When i saw that picture I was thinking "she likes spam like we do"! :)

I haven't had that problem but the letters I have to type have never been that squiggly. I will have to take off that feature because I still get spam sometimes!

And I see an "i" and not a "c" in there...

Rebecca said...

I have a hard time when it's not a real word... I get them wrong a lot too. And I've been meaning to take that off my blog for a while but always forget.. I did it today just for you.

Kayleen said...

I feel your pain. But try again. :)

Astarte said...

I'm not good with those, either. I wish they were always at least a word, for heaven's sake, and written in a regular line rather than slanting all over the place.

Rhonda said...

I couldn't agree more Shanna. And I saw what you saw but now I can see what Mary Kate saw. I've had to retype those many times. SO, thanks for not having them on your blog. They are a major pain and hard to figure out. I took them off mine a while ago.

Jen said...

Sorry the computer thinks you are spam...that's probably why you don't comment on my blog...at least I think that things on there...it's been awhile since I've looked at my setting. I haven't seen one quite like that for blogger--the ones I've run across are more straight forward.

ali said...

I hate those things too, thanks for not having one on your blog!! I wonder if there really is a problem with that, because I have had my blog public for a couple of years now, and I have never once received spam or a negative comment, and I even allow anonymous comments.