Sunday, July 6, 2008

Milestones

We had a big milestone today. (Yes, I'm talking about potty training). We took Jack to church in underwear! And then to Grandmas house. In UNDERWEAR!!!!

Church was great. Yes, I had to take him about every 15-30 minutes. It was mildly embarassing to leave the service that many times, but so worth it! I think he figured out pretty quick (like, within 25 min) that simply saying 'me feel pee pee' gets him a walk around the building, a fun trip to a new bathroom with toilets, flushers, and fountains of water and soap. And a stop at the water fountain on the way back in. I think some of his trips were just for fun, but I didn't mind! First, I'm not ready yet to call his bluff, and second, if it gets him to the potty, that is all I ask for now! :)

He did have an accident at Grandma's. He felt horrible. Very embarrassed, worried that Grandma would be 'hooper mad (super mad)' or 'on-ee (onery)'. But after being reassured that Grandma wasn't mad, he was ok. After the accident, we put him in a diaper, but he continued to use the potty throughout the rest of the night. :) Yay Jack! He is just doing so great. Who knew it could be somewhat simple once they are really ready?

I feel such a relief! It has been more than 3 years since we just had one in diapers! :) Of course, we still are using diapers for naps and nighttime, but that is very much ok for now!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

YAHOOOOOOO! It is surprising isn't it? I have been fighting Tessa since she did her first pee pee at 19 months old. I knew she knew what was going on with the whole thing so I thought that meant "ready". Nope! But she finally seems to be at 2 1/2. Not bad. And the savings on diapers, YIPPPPEEEE!!!!

Rebecca said...

That is awesome! Yay Jack!!!!

Caroline said...

I think that is so funny I wonder why Jack likes to go so much--isn't it cool that you don't have to change diapers anymore. One more to go and you don't have to change diapers anymore--isn't that cool?