Tuesday, August 12, 2008

08.08.08 (a little late, I know, but I was busy!)

In honor of the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics being held on 8-8-08 here is a fun tag that I got from my friend Jessica. I am glad that I was able to watch the opening Ceremonies, several days later than it was broadcast, but it was amazing.

8 TV shows I Love to watch:
-The Office
-ANTM
-The Olympics. I get serious Olympic fever. It is taking over my DVR, and I don't care- I don't want to delete any of it!
-Ugly Betty
-Hmm... I think at this point I would have to start naming cartoons, so I will stop at 4. Is that cheating?

8 restaurants I love:
-El Porton
-Charley's
-California Pizza Kitchen
-McDonalds. I can't help it- anywhere that has a place with air conditioning and a place for the kids to go crazy while I chill out can't be all that bad. My dream idea is to have a place with actual good food and entertainment (and supervision) for the kids. McDonalds has half the equation, and sometimes that is enough.
-Marietta Diner
-Geez, 8 is more than you think. We used to eat out all the time, but now it is more pain than pleasure, so we usually avoid it.

8 things that happened today:
-Made pancakes for breakfast. Aidan is a pancake fanatic, and he will eat almost an entire batch by himself. I usually triple the recipe, just to have enough for everybody.
-Abigail gave Jack a bloody nose
-Jack gave Abigail a bloody lip
-I tried to go grocery shopping with all 3. Not something I usually attempt, but we were getting desperate. Got about 6 things in the cart before I got fed up and had to leave.
-On the way home from the grocery store, I didn't want to face going home with a bunch of out of control kids, so I decided to drive around for a little while.
-While driving around, I went too fast through a school zone, and got pulled over by a cop. Luckily he only gave me a warning.
-Came home and played in the sandbox, where Abigail threw sand in Jack's mouth, he threw sand in her eyes, and Aidan took off all his clothes and threw them over the fence.
-When Kydon got home, I left for an hour, and came home when they were all in bed. Am I limited to 8 for this one? I could list a whole bunch more! I didn't even talk about them destroying their rooms instead of taking naps, or the wonder that was meal time!

8 things I am looking forward to:
-Abigail starting pre-k next week
-Jack and Aidan starting pre-k next year (there isn't a time limit on this, right?? After yesterday, I am looking forward to getting a break getting them out of the house giving them more intellectual stimulation)
-Kydon being done with school
-Visiting friends in Florida. Again, it might not happen for a while, but I think about it a lot.
-Getting to reconnect with some old friends next week.
-Figuring out how to make Tamales. I started yesterday, but it didn't happen, so I'm going to try again today.
-Reading good books. Just finished Breaking Dawn (review coming), and I'm in the middle of A Prayer for Owen Meaney (loving it).
-Being caught up on the laundry. If I do 4 loads today (2 down already, 2 to go), then I can get back to my usual 1 per day. It just stacks up SO fast!!

8 Things I Love about Summer:
-T shirts
-Warm weather
-going barefoot
-swimming. The kids LOVE the pool, and it makes for a fun activity that we do as often as possible!
-turning on the hose for an afternoon of play and happiness.
-ice cream. We go to the local ice cream place. The kids get a free 'baby' cone, and we usually have a buy-one-get-one-free coupon, so for about $3, we can all eat ice cream!
-watermelon and delicious fruit
-eating fresh salad for dinner

8 Olympic Events I want to see:
-swimming
-gymnastics
-fencing (more for Jack and Aidan who love sword fights)
-water polo. Don't understand it AT ALL, but it is fun to watch!
-diving
-track events
-cycling
-volleyball

8 things on my wish list:
-Go to Boston someday
-house cleaning service
-TV nook in our bedroom with comfy chairs, and a flat screen tv
-trailer for our wagon
-paint
-new clothes that actually fit after losing a bunch of weight (yay!)
-a non-compromised immune system
-new glasses

8 people I want to do this same thing:
-Melinda
-Jen M.
-Kim
-Amy
-Caroline
-April
-Ali R.
-Astarte

8 comments:

Catherine said...

I love reading your blog, Shanna! Even if I don't see you throughout the week, I can still know what you're up to. We are going crazy with the Olympics, too! The TiVo currently has hours of coverage that I am dying to get caught up on.

What I really want to know is -- which local ice cream place does free kids' cones??

Shanna said...

Brusters!

Colleen said...

Oh, Shanna, your life makes me laugh! I love the mental picture of Aidan throwing all his clothes over the fence!

Kydon said...

Okay, I guess I need to read the blog more! Way to go on getting a warning from that cop. Can you believe we are so busy that little things like this are getting pushed to blog communication. :-)

Astarte said...

This is fun!!!! I love that I'm on your list! :) I'll do it tomorrow.

You definitely have to go to Boston. It's a wonderful, wonderful place.

I have yet to get an actual speeding ticket. Somehow I always have gotten away with a warning. Of course, now that I've said THAT, I'm going to get a WHOPPER when I drive to Baltimore tomorrow.

Andy and Jessica said...

a bloody lip and a bloody nose in one afternoon, you totally have your hands full don't you?
I love your list's of eight. :-)

TheVillamorFamily said...

She is starting PreK??? Oh man! I just had my open house today and we start on Monday!! I got all worked up for today that when they all left I relaxed and then realized it really starts Monday! ha! I am excited about the new year though!!

Have fun buying all those cute clothes!

Rebecca said...

I'm looking forward to you coming to FL to visit friends too :)