Friday, August 8, 2008

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes...

The other day, driving in the car, Abigail announced that she was going to marry Carter (her cousin). Aidan wanted to know who he could marry, and we suggested Baby Ellie (another cousin). He told us that baby Ellie was too wittle, and that he would marry Caroline (the only other option if you want a girl cousin). I then asked Jack who he would marry, and he responded "I marry Mawinda. Me really wove her". As funny as we thought that was, we told him that Melinda was already married to Uncle Matt. His response? "Ok, I marry Unco Russell". We told him you have to go to California for that. The conversation then denigrated into how fun it would be to fly on an airplane super fast.

Then yesterday, Aidan was playing with his "baby"-

He is adamant that Caroline is this baby's mommy, and that he is the daddy.
I have to admit, it isn't far from my expectations of first cousin marriages!! :)

9 comments:

Adam and Lisa said...

Uh oh, looks like we have lived in Ga for too long! Maybe when Baby Ewwie grows up, we can offer Jack a better option than Russell!

Shanna said...

Yeah, but your grandkids might look like the blue freak!!

Melinda & Matt said...

We developed some rules for Caroline when she was having problems with this. Rules for who you can marry: 1--not related to you, 2--able to take you to the temple (memeber of our church), 3--a nice boy/girl (as the case fits).

Mary Kate said...

sounds like the south! :)and then they could appear on Jerry Springer!

Cecilee said...

How funny! I wish I could see your kids in person. They sound so cute. My mom is always telling me how cute Aidan and Jack are when they talk. Thanks for sharing the funny story!

Astarte said...

HA!!!! You all might need to move to West Virginia if this keeps up!

Rebecca said...

SO cute Shanna! That is funny. I had to convince Mark that he couldn't marry me one time... :) Then he told me "Ok, then I'll marry ****" (a girl from his school.) LOL

erika said...

Gotta love the ugly dolls!! Your kids are so cute!
Also, please keep us Californians in your prayers as we try our hardest to get Prop 8 to swing in our favor in November...we have been asked by our Stake President to start going Door to Door to get support. I'm no good at that kind of stuff and I think I would have rather had to push a handcart! :)
Also, I really enjoyed your post about the Adoption Conference. I'm sure you are an amazing leader and organizer with that group. I was very touched.

erika said...

Just to clarify, Prop 8 in CA is the California Marriage Protection Act :)