Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sticks, Stones, and Monster Trucks

My kids all play rough. It isn't just that they play rough, but they like to play rough. And for all of you who have gender stereotypes, I will tell you flat out that Abigail is by far the roughest. Is it because she is the oldest? Perhaps, but she was far more aggressive at all the ages the boys have been then they are/were.


I wonder sometimes why they are like this. I think it is partially due to our family personality. I think it is fun to run and be loud, and get a little crazy. It is partially due to our family dynamic. They have to fight and be loud and demand attention to get all they want. I know they feel competition with each other, and I think that is pretty normal for having 3 almost the same age. And it must be partly just their personality. You know, when faced with a difficult situation, do you fight or run away? Abigail is a fighter. All the way. I think Jack would be more inclined to flight, but sometimes you can only take so much before enough is enough. And Aidan is not one to back down.


And despite all my attempts at being referee, and enforcing family rules, they now can draw blood. Abigail hit Jack with a stick horse, and gave him a bloody nose. This made him angry enough to throw his most prized possession (monster truck), and gave her a bloody lip. And I'm not quite sure who to put in time out.

So instead I took their picture.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ay yi yi. I hate the fighting. Usually at my house it goes like this. Mark pokes, hits, smacks or sits on Eric. And Eric freaks out whining and I have to really work hard not to get mad at Eric (cause whining is one of my LEAST favorite things.) I've recently told Eric if Mark sits on him and doesn't get off when asked he can push him off. We'll see how that goes. Yea, sorry I made that all about me. I hate the fighting too, though.

Kydon said...

Poor Jack. I think he really got the worst of this fight. To really evaluate the damage and determine who you think won, you have to click on the picture and enlarge it. It’s just too small to get the full blunt force impact when viewed in line with the blog text. I really do hope our kids out grow this phase and it gets better and not worse!

Astarte said...

I am SO sorry, but I am laughing my A** off at this picture!!!!!! Oh, that is so funny! You HAVE to print it out so you can wave it in their faces for, oh, the next twenty years and say, 'remember THIS?! Do we want a repeat of THIS?!'

I'm sorry they're drawing blood. We haven't had that particular problem yet. We more end up with a Cold War, I'm-Too-Sexy-For-You situation. At least flat-out fighting is forthright, I suppose.

TheVillamorFamily said...

hardy har har!!!

ahhhh....the joy of siblings! mine aren't drawing blood but the aggravating and screaming they have down pat....dont' know what is worse though.:)

Elaine said...

I love their hair.