Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Family Pictures

Aidan and Abigail love to draw pictures of the family. Abigail draws them herself, Aidan likes to direct us "Now draw Jack. Now draw Daddy". Today she came home with a pretty typical example. She almost always leaves out one or more people (Daddy in this case). But never forgets Laura and Dane. They are always included. Quite often she will draw us all in the same color, then switch to red for Laura, a nod to Laura's red hair.

From L to R is Mommy, Abigail, Jack, Aidan, Laura, Dane.

I was impressed that this time she got the hair pretty accurate- curly for me, bangs for her, short and curly for Jack, short and straight for Aidan, Laura has long hair, and Dane's was short before it got a drip of water on it. The belly buttons are a recent addition. I love watching them get more and more detailed!

And this is how she writes her name:

I also like this because it shows how she colors- she fills in every blank space when coloring something. Just like how this box is colored all red- she has colored that way for years. So cute!

7 comments:

Opp Family said...

I LOVE how you record your families memories - how priceless to have that account on how Abigail draws her family and her name!

Kydon said...

Cute picture, even if I didn't make the cut in this one. Atleast I'm in the one on my wall at work!

Astarte said...

I love stick family pictures!!! When Josie was in K, she made a stick-people picture of our entire extended family, including all the pets! I took a picture of it and used it as our Xmas cards.

Shanna said...

Oh- I love that idea for the christmas cards! I might have to use that! :)

Cecilee said...

Wow. Abigail has great handwriting! And its so much better to post it than have it lying around in a box for the next 30 years, you know?

Cute Bento boxes. Maybe one day I'll try that.

erika said...

Oh that Abigail! She is too cute for words!

Valeni said...

So fun to see the kids doing projects. Thanks for writing all your great blogs Shanna! They are so cute and interesting.