Thursday, September 4, 2008

I would like to thank the Academy...

My cousin/friend Kori nominated me for this award! Thanks!!
The award comes with these rules:
  1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
  2. Link to the person you received your award from.
  3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
  4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
  5. Leave a message on the blogs you've nominated.
  6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking everybody’s mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!

First, I would like to thank Kori, of course, because without her, I would still be an awardless blog. I would also like to thank my 3 gorgeous, brilliant, crazy, infuriating, wonderful, exhausting children, without whom this blog wouldn't even exist, let alone be at all interesting. I also thank my husband, who not only doesn't mind the hours I spend blogging, but also gives helpful advice (as in he says "you should blog about this" and I say "oh, yeah, thanks"), and he bought me a really nice new computer, and a monitor the size of Montana.

Now for my nominations:

  1. Melinda. She is my sister, and she is awesome! I love her blog, and every once in a while, I can steal her posts.
  2. Rebecca. One of the few people who understand my life. I used to laugh at all her stories of life with crazy kids. Now I cringe in pain and understanding. :)
  3. Mary Kate. She always makes me laugh, and is one of the nicest people I know.
  4. Katie. She is such an inspiration to me. I love her blog- it almost always makes me laugh, and her family story is one I will never forget. I can't wait until she writes a book so I can buy it.
  5. Jessica. She is so cool! I always want to copy all the fun and cute and awesome things she does.
  6. Rachel. She started her blog long before it ever occured to me, and was very supportive once I realized how fun and cool it is!
  7. Lisa. My other blogging sister. She has a very cute baby!! I love to check out all the new pictures.

3 comments:

Mary Kate said...

Thanks for the nomination(and kind words!)....I am getting misty already!! Do we win a prize???? just kidding!

Rebecca said...

Awww! Thanks!! This is my first award! Can't wait to prepare my "speech" :) This is fun!

Katie said...

Oh, You are a sweetheart! Thanks for saying such nice things. I'm so excited!:)