Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Kids Swap

I have been thinking about doing this for a while, and I'm finally going to just do it, since Abigail's disappointment at never getting any mail is getting more and more pronounced!

The idea is this: Get a bunch of kids who will each mail each other some sort of little package. I was thinking a craft of some sort, some stickers, candy, any sort of little prize or treasure that would be fun to open in the mail. I am thinking a $5 limit would be plenty. And you wouldn't have to spend the whole $5 if you had stuff around or found things cheaper. Just don't spend more than $5!

If you and your child/children would like to participate, send me an email to momto3under2 @ gmail.com, or leave a comment on this post. On Friday, I will close the entries, match up the names, and give you your info of who to mail something to. Then we can post pictures and stories of the swap results!

All 3 of my kids will participate, let me know if you want to be included!

8 comments:

Melinda & Matt said...

Great idea! All 3 of mine would love to do it too!

Rebecca said...

Oh me! I was going to say just my oldest 3 but Ben is SO starting to notice this stuff... so I'll sign up all four on mine :) FUN idea Shanna!

Katie said...

Ethan and Adia would both love this! What a fun idea. Sign us up.

Mary Kate said...

A couple of my preschool parents were doing this....but it was a chain letter type thing. One had a sticker swap and the other had a book swap. I thought it was a great idea!

If you get some older kids let me know and we will do it.

Shanna said...

So far we have 2 who are age 6, one who is age 7, 3 who are age 5 or 4, 4 who are age 3, and 2 who are under 3. Let me know if you want to join!

Kayleen said...

Put me in for 2 little girls. They are going to love this! Great Idea!

mandamike said...

I would like my daughter, Lilly to participate. She is 2 years old, just let me know what info you need. Great Idea!
(Amanda from LDSAdoptive Parents yahoo Group)

Marchet Butler said...

That would be so fun for my little guy (18 mo. old). Okay, fun for me too!