Monday, September 8, 2008

War Eagle!

On Saturday we all got dressed in our Auburn gear, loaded up some food and extra clothes, and drove down to the Auburn Game! It was a long drive, and really, really hot, and we didn't make it in time for some of the things we wanted to do, and had trouble finding a parking spot, but it was FUN!! Going to games was one of our favorite fall traditions, and it was fun to do it again and include the kiddos. I think they liked the idea of going to the game better than the reality of sitting through a hot game, but we still had a good time.
Showing our Auburn spirit cupcake-style! The kids loved yelling "Go Auburn Tigers" to anyone who walked by! And I think Jack was pretty disappointed when he finally realized that the "Auburn Tigers" were people, and not actual tigers.


The halftime show was great! A favorite of everyone! We got tickets really cheap- just $10 each for 4 of them, and Valeni worked her magic and got the last two for free! We found a spot that wasn't near any of our ticketed seats and were able to all sit together.
This was a lot of the game- Abigail alternated between sitting on my lap and laying on the concrete. She hadn't slept well the night before, and was very tired. She finally fell asleep. Aidan was pretty restless, but Valeni was great at working with him. Jack found his spot when he could lean over the edge a little and take it all in, that is how he spent most of his time!
It was so nice to have Valeni drive over to meet us! The kids adore their Granny, and it was very helpful to have an extra set of hands since we carried all 3 most of the time! We left in the 3rd quarter, and it was a good thing, since when we were just getting close to our car it started raining!

We finished out our day by driving to Granny and Grandpa's house for a few hours, then trekking home. It was a busy day, and we paid for it a little in church the next day, but it was very fun and well worth it!

And in case you are in awe at a picture of all of us looking at the camera and smiling at the same time (I am in awe), I will tell you the secret- I told them that we were taking a picture all together, and I was going to look at the picture and whoever was smiling in the picture would get chocolate! I never said I wouldn't bribe!!

9 comments:

Jen said...

You are so ambitious to do something like that with your kids!! I guess I'm a lazy mom because the thought of doing that with such small kids would keep me from doing it. :) Way to make memories!

Rebecca said...

Ok, I LOVE the picture and I LOVE bribing for smiles!! That is just smart!! Sounds like a fun day!

TheVillamorFamily said...

How fun! We were in Auburn on Saturday too but not at the game:) We went shopping at Tiger Town and realized how serious people take football down there! So much orange and blue all over!

DOes Granny have my bag of books from the conference?

ali said...

smart picture idea, I'm going to have to use that!

Colleen said...

Go Auburn Tigers!

Melinda & Matt said...

looks like so much fun! Love the chocolate idea--I'm definitely using that one!

Kelly said...

Bribing for a picture...a brilliant stoke! Abigail and I both like to sleep on the concrete in Auburn.

Cecilee said...

Oh my gosh. You all look so hot there! I'm glad you had fun. Was my mom the only person not wearing orange? ha ha

Valeni said...

Thanks for posting all our pictures and telling about our day at the Auburn game. It was the first time I had been to a game and I was amazed at all the spirit and crowds of people that aupport Auburn football. Passion is a great thing to have in our lives. My favorite part was seeing the War Eagle soar through the sky and drop gradually to the stadium floor while the crowd cheered. It really was emotional to see that symbol of freedom (to me)so supported by a huge group of people. I actually had tears in my eyes....thanks for letting me share the day with all of you. Those are "3 cute kids" for sure!