Monday, October 20, 2008

How to pack a boatload of fun into 27 short hours

Go on a camp out! We met our friends from Florida in South Georgia- we found a State Park that was about 1/2 way for each of us, and decided to camp out. It was a blast! It is so rare and awesome to find such good friends, and every time we are together, it reminds me how lucky we are to have found them. They have four boys- age 6, 5, 3, 1. Along with our 3, it gives us 7 kids age 1-6. Those numbers add up to disaster most of the time, but for some reason, it all just works when we are together. And Abigail might be the only girl, but she loves Mark so much that it doesn't seem to matter. And if there was ever a girl that could hold her own with 6 boys, Abigail is that girl. She found a quiet moment to ask Mark if she could marry him. He thought it was hilarious, and said "NO!" while laughing hysterically. I think she might wait a while and ask again! I don't think she understood what was so funny. :)

Sometimes, the best fun is just rolling down a hill.
And purposely crashing into each other.

Checking out the gopher turtle.
Eating snacks on a bridge. We never got a shot of all 7, but here are all the kids except baby Ben.
Great pictures of Aidan are SO hard to get- I am just in love with this one!

You can read more about it here. I tried to upload more pictures, but blogger is giving me trouble. I will upload the rest to shutterfly, you can see them later today or tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I was stressed out about some things at Church that I was in charge of, and I was worried about getting back. So I cut the weekend a little short, and we left Saturday night. It would have been better to stay longer, with perfect weather, good food, and great friends, but we will just have to do it again. 27 hours of great fun!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

SO much fun! I keep looking at the pictures and reliving it all :)

Rebecca said...

AND I totally missed the thing with Abigail asking Mark to marry her and him laughing. I knew she had asked you if it was okay, but I didn't hear that part. I'll have to talk to Mark because I think she'd be a GREAT match for him!

Shanna said...

She caught him Sat. night when we were all sitting by the fire... when I was telling them stories, she leaned over and asked. It was so funny! His first proposal. :)

Kelly said...

wow, that looks like fun. We didn't go camping one time this year.

amy said...

you guys are always having fun!

Cecilee said...

Sorry you had to leave early... welcome to Primary! My Sundays always begin with 2 aleve to try and prevent the inevitable headache. Seriously.

Glad you had so much fun. The kids look so cute!!

mommymuse said...

Your kids look so HAPPY! BTW, I just tagged you in my blog. You can thank Mary Kate :).