Monday, October 6, 2008

Mission: Accomplished

All of my hard work has finally paid off! We took a walk to the corner! And we all walked! And there was (almost) no crying or tantrums or fights! It was beautiful!

I didn't want Abigail to take this huge thing, but I let her.

Jack wanted to bring his dump truck.

Aidan didn't want to go. He tiord (tired).

Abigail saved the day by offering to push Aidan in her red car. At first the idea was for Aidan to push her, but when he started screaming, she quickly offered him the ride.

Jack waited very patiently.

Here we are! At the corner! We made it! It was a little anti-climatic, but I'm still glad we were able to do it. The kids were definitely unimpressed.

And we made it back home without incident.
When we got home, Aidan didn't want to come inside. But that isn't even enough to register on the annoyance scale.
Confession: Before we left, I promised to give them smarties if we made it to the corner and back. I also told them it would be my birthday present. They have a lot of respect for birthdays. And smarties.

9 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey, whatever it takes -- you start off with bribes and then they will only remember how fun it was.

Kelly said...

In small victories, we celebrate.

Cecilee said...

Cute! Love Abigail's shoes. Is she a shoes girl? Jenna won't wear anything that is uncomfortable, just like her Momma. Glad you had a successful to-the-corner-trip!

Shanna said...

Abigail will wear all kinds of shoes- she will wear uncomfortable ones, but often regrets it later. :)

Kathy Eller said...

Yeah..how are mothers supposed to get any actual excercise?

Shanna said...

Well, I sure do excersize my tongue and jaw muscles, LOL! :) Thanks for coming to visit!

Shanna said...

Well, I sure do excersize my tongue and jaw muscles, LOL! :) Thanks for coming to visit!

Andy and Jessica said...

Hey, I am all for bribes! Congrats on making it to the corner, I understand how huge that is. :-)

Astarte said...

Hooray!!!! And happy birthday!!!