Thursday, October 9, 2008

Recipe Request

Kydon wanted me to post this recipe, for a friend of his at work. It is my mom's famous Peanut Butter Bars. I remember loving her to make these when we were growing up. I don't know that I've ever made them myself until this week. I made a pan, and they were so delicious! I am going to make more this weekend!

Colleen's Famous Peanut Butter Bars
*********************************
1 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups oats
1/4 cup peanut butter


chocolate frosting:
1/2 cup margarine, soft
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa (I also add a splash of milk)

Cream margarine and peanut butter. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Spread on a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 15-18 min.

While warm, spread with peanut butter. When cool, frost with chocolate frosting.

5 comments:

Melinda & Matt said...

We love these! If I remember right, she got the recipe from the Vae View elementary school cafeteria....

Rebecca said...

Oh goodness those sound YUMMY!!! I'll have to make them soon! I love that it's all stuff I have on hand, except the frosting!

Melinda & Matt said...

Rebecca--the last 3 ingredients make up the chocolate frosting--you likely have those 3 things at home too!

Adam and Lisa said...

I didn't know that's where she got the receipe. Hmmmm reading this post makes me want to go make some! yummy!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Melinda! I feel kinda silly.. I guess I didn't read it through well enough... yep I have all the stuff :)