Friday, November 7, 2008

Guilty confession game


Today started out rough. No sleep through the night, tantrums at 2 am, 3 kids awake and wild at 5 am, time outs and extra jobs by 6, and I knew it was going to be a looong day with Kydon at school.

I took the boys grocery shopping. They were W-I-L-D. Jumping around, yelling, throwing glass bottles of spaghetti sauce out of the cart, running away, etc.

I decided to buy myself a snacky treat. I bought plenty, thinking I could have it all weekend, share with Kydon and Dane, and I would just eat a little.

Yea right. I.ate.the.whole.thing. All of it. All gone. I just barely stopped short of licking the bag.

So here is the game. We will play hi/low to guess how many calories I consumed eating it all myself. Make a guess in the comments, I will say higher or lower, and the winner will get a little surprise in the mail! There will be a bonus if you can guess what it was I ate. May as well have a little fun with my guilt!

23 comments:

Melinda & Matt said...

3000 calories.....cookies?

Shanna said...

hmmm... lower. And not cookies.

Rebecca said...

Completely FUN game. I've done the same. 2000?

Rebecca said...

Oh and was it Turtle Chex Mix? Cause I could totally wipe out a bag of that on a bad day.

Katie said...

Oh, I am dieing! I have totally done that! I'm guessing 1000 calories, and some kind of chips. And thanks for the recipe it sounds yummy!

Kelly said...

1400 calories. Cheese popcorn.

Cecilee said...

2500 calories... M&M's.... Give us another clue. Was it sweet or salty?

Glad to know that others eat to soothe themselves from kid anxiety.

~Our Family~ said...

hmmm.. I would say m&m's peanut ones. Calories like 800...

Shanna said...

Higher than 2000, higher than 2500. Chips is 1/2 right- there was something else with it.

Although now I want to go back and get some Turtle chex mix. That sounds yum. Good thing I hate going to the store!!

Melinda and Matt said...

2750 calories and chips with cheese dip?

Shanna said...

lower than 2750, not dip is right, cheese is wrong. :) You guys are better than I thought! :)

Shanna said...

Remove the word 'not' from that previous comment.

Melinda and Matt said...

2600 chips with salsa and cream cheese

Shanna said...

getting closer with the calories- higher than 2600. Not salsa and cream cheese, but that does sound good!! I am adding that to turtle chex mix for next time... ;)

Rebecca said...

This is so fun! 2700, chips and french onion dip? Mmm I'm getting hungry!

Was that the original monopoly snack? I seem to remember eating chips & french onion dip with you.. Maybe before we switched to chips and "the right" cheese dip... I miss those monopoly nights! :)

Shanna said...

Less than 2700.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ruffles chips and Dean's french onion dip... mmmmmmmm.... my occasional indulgence! Rebecca, next time we visit we will have to introduce you to our current obsession- Ticket To Ride! It would go great with tortilla chips and that certain cheese dip! Look for your 'bonus' in the mail!

Melinda and Matt said...

2650

ali said...

bummer, I missed it!

Dane said...

Higher than 2650.

Shanna said...

Oops- that was me... didn't realize Dane was signed in!

Kelly said...

Oh my heck...we love Ticket to Ride. I have been playing it for several years now. In fact, I have friends coming over tonight to play. You're so cool.

Shanna said...

Kelly- do you have TTR America or TTR Europe? They are both fun, but in different ways.... it is fun to see how you have to use different strategies! Another reason for you all to come visit- we need to play some games!! :)

Melinda and Matt said...

2675....I still want that prize :D