Thursday, November 13, 2008

It ain't always cute

Yesterday, Abigail was at preschool. I was working on a project. Jack and Aidan were playing nicely in their room. Or so I thought. When I went to check, I found that they were actually playing in *my* room, never a good sign.

First I found this: My nicely folded laundry, all dumped out on the floor. Granted, in the big scheme of things, not that bad.

But they also did this... with my new nylons. Not exactly sure what they were trying for, but it looks like some sort of sling-shot contraption. This started the steam-out-the-ears, because I destest buying nylons, and I just bought these a week ago. Now they are ruined.And then I turned to find this pile:
Yes, that would be every blanket, sheet, and pillow off the bed in a big pile. And since it wasn't quite big enough, they proceeded to empty out every single drawer in our bedroom; that would be 12 drawers full of folded clothes, socks, and underwear. That I now had to fold and put away. I had them help, but I had to do the majority of the work. It took a good hour.

And then, when I was checking for more damage, I opened my closet, and discovered that the cat had been locked in the closet over night, and she decided to express her displeasure. All over the carpet.

The bright side? I found 2 pairs of jeans that I had stuck in a rarely-used drawer and had forgotten about. I am wearing one of them today, thank you very much.

11 comments:

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

Ohhhh... that is bad. And they look kinda unrepentent. Thank God for blogs or there would be no upside (other than the newly discovered jeans!) - but it makes for a great post and some day you can torture them with this since it's all documented.

You deserve an easy day today.

Shanna said...

VERY unrepentant!! They were happy the whole time, even cleaning up. And since I was taking pictures and thinking about blogging, I was able to stay at the 'annoyed' level and not get mad!

Opp Family said...

I love the pantyhose contraption - very creative! I would have been crying over refolding all those clothes - I HATE folding laundry!

erika said...

Oh man. Just when you think you can take the child locks off the doors.....
Glad to hear you found a pair of jeans though. That is always exciting!

ali said...

Oh no! That's enough to make a grown woman cry!

~Our Family~ said...

I hear you.. When ever I turn around my son Colton 4 is doing the same kinds of things.. He is always turning the furinture into his hideout.. Not to bad but it drives me bonkers... What little boys don't do... I love your blog

Kelly said...

Wow, that brings back memories. I totally feel your pain!

Congrats on the jeans, though.

mommymuse said...

i don't think i could have kept my cool as well as you did!

Mary Kate said...

too funny....love the pantyhose and their cute smiles as they stood on their mess! Kinda like declaring a victory!

maybe a baby monitor attached to their heads would be good;)

fazzey said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

Hee! I've so had scenes like this in my house. It's only funny MUCH later. Like years ;)