Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Forward

I am constantly trying to improve myself. I frequently set goals. I always want to do more and be better. But, even with all that, I don't really like to set New Year Resolutions. I usually forget about them, or just plain-old stop doing them.

So, instead of talking about what I want to be better at this year, I thought I would just record some things that we are looking forward to happening in 2009.

  • Going to Puerto Rico in February
  • Dane and Laura's wedding in May
  • We are going to attempt a backpacking trip with all the kids in the Spring! We might be crazy!! But we are still going to try! Should be interesting!
  • Jack and Aidan will start Primary in Jan. No more kids in Nursery! I feel a little bad about it.... but I am happy they will be in Primary where I am. I love working where they are!
  • Abigail will turn 5! That seems like such a significant birthday.
  • Jack and Aidan will start preschool in the fall.
  • Possible trip to Disney to see friends and use our last ticket.
  • I will resume working at some point this year.
  • Hopefully get a family picture made.
  • Read a book or two.
  • Visit the boys' birthfamily at some point.
  • Resume some sort of quilting/crafting/creative fun.

It should be a great year! I wish the best for you all! I started this blog last January, and what started out as an easier way to keep in touch with birth families has become an amazing way to connect and re-connect with all kinds of people! Thanks for being a part of my life!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like it will be a great year! Hope we get to see you all soon!

Mary Kate said...

I agree...I don't buy into the "i will begin Jan. 1st"....I guess I got tired of falling off and then the temptation to quit! We get too hard on ourselves when we take a break from what we set out to do!!
So like you I set goals of what I want to accomplish all the time and then there is no stop/start time! I love your list...maybe I will start one....hmmmm....first up to finish a goal we didn't accomplish last year!! Get that darn will!