Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A boy by any other name...

Last week we had playgroup at our house, and one of the moms told me that her daughter was excited to go to the house with "two Jacks". That made me laugh, and it reminded me that Aidan has had trouble with his identity since the day he was born!

Our cousins used to say "Jack and Other Jack".

A friend called them "Jack and Him"

And another cousin just could *not* tell the difference- he was 5, but just couldn't get it. He would say "Aunt Shanna, Jack or Aidan did this" or "One of those boys is doing something". We tried over and over to explain the difference, but he would just look at us with a glassy-eyed expression- it was hilarious!


Because, you know, they just look so much alike!

5 comments:

Adam and Lisa said...

I will never know how you tell them apart! I mean, Jack and ...uh... the other boy are identical, right?

Astarte said...

Well, obviously there's The Boy With One Sock, and The Boy With The Curls. I mean, really. :)

Rebecca said...

Hehehe! They are too cute! I do think it's funny that people have a hard time with Aidan. My kids for a while always asked what his name was too. Jack, and "what's the other one's name, Mommy."

Cecilee said...

That is a super cute picture of Aidan on the swing! btw, We've never had a hard time telling them apart. ;o)

Melinda and Matt said...

Poor Aidan--my kids luckily know his name now, but we were definitely in the "other jack" camp when he was a baby....you did forget that Carter thought he looked like a turtle for a while there too!