Monday, February 9, 2009

Adorable Kids

Every once in a while my kids will say the most perfect thing to me. It just totally makes my day and makes all the work and worry and bother worth while!

Quite often, Abigail will be eating her dinner, and say "Oh, Mommy, thank you for making this dinner! It is SO good! I really, really love it. Thank you, Mommy!"

And Jack, when getting dressed in the mornings, always looks for 'soft' pants (sweat pants) and an orange shirt (we have many). If he finds both in his drawer, he will put them on, then run to me and hug me and tell me "Tanks for always washing my fabite clothes". It makes doing the laundry every night seem not so bad after all!

Aidan will just pick random times throughout the day. He will look at me and say "Mommy" and when I ask "what", he responds "I really love you". There isn't anything I am doing that I don't stop and give him a big hug and tell him I love him too.

Those moments only last a few seconds each, but they carry me through hour after hour. I am so lucky to have such wonderful munchkins!

Oh, and I found a friend who had a Leapster. I borrowed it yesterday, and they all loved it! So tonight I went out and got them!! I am SO excited! But don't tell- they will be a surprise for when we get on the airplane! Thanks to all of you who recommended it- I think it will be perfect!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm love those moments too!

Astarte said...

Those times make up for a world of bad behavior, don't they? Thank heavens for sweet love.

Leapsters on the plane will be a GREAT idea!!! We found that Nemo was a fun and, more importantly, easy game at the pre-reading stage.

Adam and Lisa said...

What sweet kids!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

How sweet...that just warms my heart! There is nothing better in the whole wide world than those little moments.

I'm glad you liked your gift! Thanks for letting me know you got it. I just saw that cute quilt your making for your craft it forward game...it's adorable!

~Amanda

Small House said...

I just came upon your blog. I've enjoyed reading it. You've got cute kids. And lucky blogger who will receive your craft.
Have a good day.
Sandra