Tuesday, March 10, 2009

As I was crawling into bed...

Have you ever crawled into bed at the end of a long tiring day, ready to relax, read for a few minutes and then fall blissfully to sleep?

Yes? Me too.

Have you ever pulled back the covers as you were leaning in to absorb your fluffy pillow, crisp sheets and fluffy blankets?

Yes? Me too.

Have you ever been startled as you were pulling back the blankets by a red wasp flying up and stinging you?

No? Well I have.
A quick google search discovered that red wasps have the largest nests and the most painful bites. Good. I hate doing things half-way.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Yuck! I got shivers reading and looking at the picture. I'm still shivering! Ewww! Are you okay?

ali said...

HOLY COW. Way to go the extra mile!

I hate bugs...

Shanna said...

I'm fine, of course! :) It hurt like the dickens last night, but when I woke up, I couldn't even feel it. Now I just have to figure out where the heck he came from and destroy all of his friends.

Melinda and Matt said...

Ouch! I was about to ask you about the wasps that you said you had--we got sidetracked though and I forgot until I read this! I hope you don't find any more (more like that there aren't any more to find).

Rebecca said...

Oh NO! I'm glad it didn't hurt in the morning but OUCH! Not fun at all !

Cecilee said...

Oh man! So sorry that happened to you. That looks like one scary critter. Did you find the nest yet? I hope its outside somewhere. We had to destroy a couple of nests in our yard last year. It was pretty hazardous because they start attacking when you spray or mess with the nest. Please keep us updated.....

Valeni said...

Shanna, that is really sad you were attacked in your own bed! Hope you are OK. Now to find the nest so no one else gets hurt...

Astarte said...

Oh, my GOD!!!!! Now I have to be afraid of snakes in the toilet AND hornets in my bed?!?! How am I supposed to get any rest AT ALL?!

I hope you're OK, and it doesn't hurt too bad. :(