Monday, March 9, 2009

I made it 3 whole hours

I turned off the computer last night. I promised myself I would *not* turn it on today until I had completed a good portion of my very long to-do list.

I turned the computer on at 10:00. I couldn't wait any longer.

I think I am addicted.

But I *did* complete most of my to-do list- vacuum and mop floors, clean all 3 bathrooms, change out the kitty litter, do the dishes, catch up on laundry, and file all the papers that have been gathering on my kitchen counters.

Just goes to show I can get a lot done with the proper motivation!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds about like my attempts to unplug... BUT you got lots done,that's great. My problem is I'm getting lots done lately & not having enough time to BLOG. It's tragic really!

ali said...

haha! That's exactly what I do! I make myself do chores and then I reward myself with the things I want to do. We have to motivate ourselves somehow, right?

Astarte said...

You are a MACHINE!!!!

Lisa said...

Hmmm, in all my years of trying to figure out how to cut down on my computer use, it never occurred to me to turn the machine off! Thank you for that idea! I turned it off this afternoon and managed to keep it off for 2 hours. I finally caved and turned it back on, but hey, two hours is a good start, right?

Shanna said...

Ha, ha- now I feel good for making it 3 hours! ;)

The Clanton Gang said...

I'm totally addicted, too! I was about to have an anxiety attack when we were without cable/internet for 48 hours after the big snowstorm last weekend. :)

The Petersons said...

You sound just like me! It's amazing how fast I can clean a bathroom nowadays!

Trent Family said...

Nice! I do the same thing with the Twilight books. No more reading until ...... is done.