Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Never Fear, the Leprechaun Was Here

After yesterday's disappointment, and bedtime resolve, we did awake to a visit from a leprechaun.

The sneaky bugger took the cushions off the couch, tipped over our chairs, opened all the cupboard doors, turned the toilet water green, and left our shutters swinging open.

I was pretty impressed with his ability to make a 'mess' where the cleanup mostly just meant that we had to shut some doors.

He also left silly string and rolos (they are the most gold-like thing a leprechaun can find on such short notice).
The silly string was a huge hit! They burned through it in 5 joy-filled minutes, and the kids were happy.

Then Abigail expressed her hope that he would come again tomorrow. Sorry, sweetie, once a year is enough.
I decided that kids like holidays a lot more than moms do!

7 comments:

Countless Tomorrows said...

That was a considerate Leprechaun to make clean up easy. I must be messing out not having kids. I had no idea Leprechauns came on St. Patricks day, but several blogs have talked about the same problem. This has led me to 2 things. (1) my parents were boring at times because all we did for St. Patricks was to make sure we were up and dressed before dad because he was always looking for an excuse to pinch us and (2) and can't wait until we have children that a Leprechaun can come terroize. What fun!

Emily said...

Okay, I had never heard of "Leprechan's coming" until I read your blog and Melinda's blog. My poor children. What a cute idea!!

Marchet Butler said...

I love the mischief your leprechaun left! The silly string is a great idea. Was it too hard to clean up? I think that's something my hubby would really love.

Jennifer said...

Funny. Although I'm starting to feel deprived that they never came when I was a kid. I mean we only had the easter bunny, Santa Claus, the tooth Fairy....

Shanna said...

You know, as I was buying the stuff, I was thinking "oh great, another holiday where some made up creature comes and leaves special presents and candy for the kids".

But, they were sooooo cute and soooooo sweet the whole day being excited and wanting it so much. I couldn't help myself!

Of course, the day turned out pretty crappy- a lot of cranky kids. I think it was the result of a candy filled breakfast. (I tried to make them eat real food first, but they didn't eat much, and it probably didn't matter anyway, once all that sugar and artificial coloring got into their little systems).

Shanna said...

The silly string was really easy to clean up. It dosen't stick to anything, so we just swept it up. There are still a few lingering pieces here and there, but they are just dried up and sitting there- not gluing to anything or causing a problem.

TheVillamorFamily said...

love the green toilet water! i will have to remember that one!