Thursday, April 30, 2009

Customer Service Isn't Dead

One of the best experiences at the Great Wolf Lodge happened by accident. Abigail and Aidan woke up about 6:00. Kydon wasn't feeling all that great, and Jack was still sleeping, so I decided to take the two and walk around a little and let the sleeping ones have some peace and quiet.

We went to the lobby, and I just sort-of sacked out in a comfy chair, and Aidan and Abigail were just walking around, checking things out, and talking to the front desk staff. We were there for about 20 minutes, and the manager came over. He quietly asked me if it was okay, then went and got us some apple juice and doughnut holes.

It was such a nice thing to do! We weren't miserable, but obviously I would have rather been in bed. It gave me a nice little boost just that someone would do something so nice for us, just to try and help us out a little. It really gave my day a nice start. We finished up our treat, then bought some doughnuts to bring back to those that got to sleep in.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is so cool! I love it when I get awesome service when it's unexpected.

Kydon said...

Yes, thanks Shanna. I was the one that got to sleep in, and that was nice!

ali said...

nothing beats good customer service, I'm glad they were so nice to you!

Astarte said...

That is wonderful! What a great thing to hear. Not to mention, what a great advertisement for GWL!

Jessica said...

that is very sweet, it really makes your day when a stranger or friend goes out of their way to help you.

Valeni said...

Loved reading about someone being nice to you, and then seeing how it helps you be nice to someone else. That really is a great example of how we touch one another's lives by being thoughtful and kind. Sounds like Kydon really appreciated it.

meredith said...

yes, they did have great customer service at Great Wolf Lodge. I was quite impressed with how everyone there seemed to really love their jobs. I was sitting across from you at the breakfast Saturday morning. I enjoyed reading your review and seeing your pics from Great Wolf (well, all except the lady in a bikini who had 3 kids ;)

I just finished writing my review(s) of Great Wolf & wanted to see what the other ladies had to say about it.

Your blog looks great!