Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 2 Results

Oh.My.Goodness.

I think we must have been watching more than I realized, because this is seriously painful.

I'm not sure if they don't know what to do with themselves, or if I don't know what to do with them, or if they are just still recovering from a busy weekend, or a combination of all of the above.

But today was a slightly better. We had about a 2 hour window where they all played pretty nicely together. After lunch, I made them go outside (thanks, Ali, for the suggestion, ha ha). I told them if they were inside they were going to help me do work, and they all scampered out as quickly as they could. They were playing so nicely, that I thought it would be a good picture for the blog post (see above). After I took the picture, I said "what are you guys playing"?

Abigail responded "We are pretending to watch a pretend movie". Then they yelled at me to move because apparently I was blocking the pretend screen.

Is it ironic that the only time all day that they played happily was when they were pretending to watch TV?? Or is it just sad?

The good news is that I am pretty stubborn, and all of these problems and issues and difficulties just strengthens my resolve to not watch it. And if it isn't better by the end of the week, we will keep it off next week as well. I think it is completely ridiculous that we are all so dependant on a dumb picture box! Although I came really, really, really close to caving. Right around 3:15. And then again around 4:45. And that was closer than yesterday, because yesterday I was only really, really close to caving, and today it was really, really, really close.

I hope tomorrow is better. I hope. I hope.

Click to read about the goal and day one results.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hang in there! I am following this closely because as soon as school gets out I am planning to do the same thing at our house, and I know it's going to go over like a lead ballon.

I am planning to spend the next six weeks collecting ideas for art projects, nature activities, games, etc. that I can write on slips of paper and have the kids choose things when they say they are bored.

ali said...

keep going, I'm rooting for you!

Also, I need the inspiration!