Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 5: I'm weak!

Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4


I'm weak. We had finally broken through all the craziness, and then... today. I could give a million excuses, needing to pack, and clean, and blog pay bills. We were going to watch it in the car anyway a little later.


But the truth is I was just tired of resisting.


I am weak.


I let Jack and Aidan watch TV today. They were begging for it. And I was frustrated after I took a shower today. I usually let them watch their morning show while I shower, but we haven't been watching any this week. While I was in the shower, Aidan broke two little porcelain things that were important to me. Not the end of the world, but I was mad that they were broken. And Abigail squirted a tube of toothpaste into Jack's hair.

Minty fresh, but still incredibly gross.

I got everyone bathed, and Abigail off to school, and I'm trying to pack the bags faster than Aidan and Jack can unpack, and not suceeding, and the washer broke yesterday, which has nothing to do with anything, except that it did and is throwing me completely off.

And then they asked to watch a show. And I readily agreed. I didn't even hesitate.

And you know what? I don't even care. Well, I do a little bit, but I am going to pack while they are glued.

Thank you, my TV friend!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

You are so funny!

Opp Family said...

My favorite line of the day:

Minty fresh, but still incredibly gross

Love it! I think you've done a great job being strong - I'm not that brave! Hope your trip is a blast :)

ali said...

I'm sorry about your broken things, that is so frustrating, especially since you can't take it out on your kids (much) ;)

Erika said...

Ah yes, the magical babysitter. Truly my best friend some days. It is sad when I consider it a MAJOR accomplishment when the TV hasn't been turned on all day!
I'm sorry to hear about your broken porcelain pieces. It sounds like you handled it well (which I don't know I can say the same for myself).
I think you should consider yourself very successful for not having the TV on for 4 almost 5 days with 3 kids 5 and under! You are awesome Shanna!

Melissa said...

Using TV as a babysitter? What's wrong with babysitters? They keep kids entertained and (because they are not breaking things around the house) safe from danger/the wrath of mom. :) I think it's the total time that should be the concern. It was a worthwhile experiment, but you have nothing to feel guilty about!