Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Staring at me


As I was checking my food inventory this past weekend, I came across a can of pumpkin leftover from Thanksgiving. It was nowhere near expiring, but I remembered my friend's recipe for Pumpkin Bread, and I pulled it out.


The bread was delicious, of course. We ate a piece here and there all weekend.

I had it put away. Out of sight, out of mind, out of tummy.

But Kydon wanted some in his lunch today, and left it on the counter. And it was staring at me all morning long. I was even out of the house for over an hour, and it was still staring. I could tell.

Well, it isn't staring now. It will never stare again. But I have fond memories of our time together.

2 comments:

Melinda and Matt said...

I'm glad it stopped staring before I came over--I couldn't have stood it either.

Merilee said...

I have 1 too many memories of food staring at me (dimples tell all the truth!)that does look delish!