Monday, April 20, 2009

Turning it off and Creeping me out

This week is National Turn Off The TV Week.

We are going to participate. I have a love/hate relationship with our TV. I don't think it's good for them. I don't think they should watch it. I think it is harmful to them, and I know for a fact their behavior is worse when they watch it a lot.

On the other hand, they LOVE it. They beg for it. They are quiet and happy when it is on. I can work, clean, and cook in peace while they are watching it.

See, love and hate.

So we are joining in on the Turn Off TV Week. For one week, this week, we won't watch it during the day, and Kydon and Dane were on board as well, so we won't be watching at night either.

I think I will both love it and hate it. We will see!

Also, the kids found a spider crawling near my computer. Aidan was begging to smash it, so I let him. Unfortunately, his smash was more of a swipe, and he swiped it in between the keys of my computer keyboard. It is half-way smashed, but it was alive enough to crawl down into my keyboard.

It is creeping me out, but not enough to stop typing. Obviously.

Now if they had turn off the computer week... I wouldn't be able to do it. ;)

8 comments:

Countless Tomorrows said...

Good luck! I have a hard time keeping my hubby off of the TV so I don't know if I will try for a week or not. It was a fight, but at least he won't turn it on Sunday morning until AFTER we get home from church. But I can't do that with the computer....

Adam and Lisa said...

....sorry I am still recovering from you saying the words ...turn off the computer for a whole week. It makes me shake just thinking about it. Please don't ever say that again!!

ali said...

I'm just not strong enough to do that yet. Next to my computer, the TV is my best friend. Maybe next year after I have made some friends of the human variety.

ali said...

I'm so sad

Shanna said...

It is only 1:30 in the afternoon, and I am already rethinking this decision. They are going CRAZY!!! And I am too!

Shanna said...

Hmmm... friends of the human variety.... you have me stumped. I will try googling it.

The Petersons said...

Yikes!! I feel the same way, having a love hate relationship with the tv. I don't think I'm strong enough to do something so drastic though:) You'll have to let us know how it goes.

ali said...

Shanna you make me laugh :)