Friday, May 1, 2009

Turning off the TV actually worked... so far

I participated in Turn off TV week because I felt like we were watching way too much TV. It had become a bad habit for the kids and for myself. I was hoping that by going cold turkey for one week, we would settle into a routine of only watching a little bit. My goal is to watch somewhere around a total of 7 hours/week. That averages to one hour a day, some days might be a little more, some a little less.

I thought that since I gave up on day 5 that the experiment had been a failure. I couldn't even make it one week! And on Monday we watched an hour in the morning, and 2 hours in the afternoon. So I was trying to figure out what to do to work on decreasing it again, but guess what? On Tuesday and Wednesday we didn't watch it at all! And today they didn't ask for it in the morning! Obviously we are watching it some, but it looks like the average is sticking, and they are out of the constant-begging-for-TV- habit. I need to be strong and say 'no' if we are over our limit! That is the hard part! :)

1 comment:

bellebearberry said...

Great job. Getting out of that habit is really hard. We are all creatures of habit. There will be many blessings that come from it.