Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Can't disguise the smell

I was taking it easy for dinner tonight- some simple scrambled eggs. I decided to make them a little extra special by adding some mozzarella cheese. When I opened the package, Kydon made the comment that the cheese looked a little old. No matter, I threw it on, let it melt, and dished it up for the kids. Aidan walks up, and pulls a face.

"What id dat AWFUL smell?"

It's pretty bad when the 4 year old notices the smell... I had to throw it out and make more.

Kydon and I have been walking around all night asking each other "What is that awful smell?"

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hehe! It was just last week (I think, all the days are blending together) that I was making a dinner with sausage & feta cheese and Mark asked what smelled like puke. Obviously, no one even tried it.

Jennifer said...

I can relate, today I ate half of my in the fridge too many days before I would admit to myself that it was going bad. (It was just slightly off, and I really didn't have time to get another lunch!) My husband on the other hand throws out anything that has been in the fridge more than a week- preemptive.

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

Haha! This happened to me last week when I was about to cook a turkey breast that smelled *slightly* off to me. But I stuck it in the oven anyway. Within 20 minutes the kids were asking what the horrible smell was. It stunk up the whole house!!