Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Choosing a Winner!

So, I know you are all dying to know who won...

The funniest blog entries were from my niece, Caroline, and from my brother, Russ, who set up a blog just to get another entry!

There were just over 40 entries (and I didn't give a seperate entry to those who said they blogged about it but didn't). I checked them all!!

Now, how I picked the winner... because not every comment was a legit entry, and there were some people who left the blog link in with the original comment, I couldn't just use random.org or some other random number choosing method. So I had to go with writing them all on little pieces of paper, cutting them apart, and then I had Abigail choose one out.

And our stupid, constantly breaking camera (don't buy a coolpix- ever! And the only reason we still have ours is that 2 years ago, when we bought the camera, we also bought the extended warranty, which we normally never buy, but this one has paid big time in that we have had 4 new cameras in 2 years, but unfortunately, they have all been coolpix which seem to have a lifespan of 4-6 months). Where was I? Oh yea, our camera broke AGAIN, and we had to send it off to be repaired. So I have no pictures. You will have to just believe me that I performed the selection with the utmost integrity and thought to detail (I tried my hardest to get all the papers the same size).

Do you feel the anticipation building? Is the suspense killing you?

Anyway, just picture a cute little 5 year old, with some severe bed head and a strawberry shortcake shirt, pulling out a piece of green construction paper from a bowl (hey- don't laugh. Construction paper is EVERYWHERE lately, and I didn't feel like standing up and getting a piece of grown-up paper when there was a perfectly used colored on good one right next to me).

Then the next picture would show the name.

(I'll put it in green to help you imagine the construction paper)

CATHERINE
Congratulations!! I will send your email address to the people at Great Wolf Lodge, and they will contact you with all the details!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow! This is so exciting! I can't wait to plan our trip! Thanks, Shanna!

Lisa L. said...

It was the green blog that did it , wasn't it? (I notice you used GREEN construction paper....) :)

ali said...

I had to use restraint not to enter, because I knew we wouldn't be able to go (Just so you know why I didn't comment)

Congrats Catherine!