Thursday, June 25, 2009

Did I mention my camera is broken?

I have a few posts that I want to do, but they are the sort of thing that are much better with pictures than with words, and my camera is broken. Gone. Shipped off to be fixed. I wish it would just totally die, and our warranty would run out and we would be *forced* to buy a new one. But we are too cheap to buy a new one when we can get the old crappy one fixed for free.

So it is off, and we should *hear something* in the next 30 days or so. Unless my eyeballs explode and I run to a store in desperation, because the kids did something cute or annoying and I HAD t0 capture it on film. And please don't bring up the video camera. The video camera is easy, and beautiful, and friendly, but I don't like to use it. Please don't ask me why. I may have to revert to saying 'eh, as if I didn't hear you.

Today's picture bounty would include my new plastic containers that make things like flour, sugar, and black beans look SO pretty in my pantry.

And my adorable little niece, whom we all just love to pieces, but she does not love us, and is crying at the door for her beloved Mommy to come home. I just love a picture of a really, really sad baby.

It just isn't the same without the pictures.

If you are bored today, you can head over to Deep South Moms and read my article about the education of our children.

If you are really generous today, you can buy me a new camera.

If you are really sympathetic, you can come over and rescue my niece, because I have tried everything I can think of to get her to stop crying, and it isn't working, so I just let her stand at the door while I blog.

If you are really into torturing yourself, you can come over tonight and help me night-train Jack and Aidan. Just imagine depriving them of liquid refreshement (their only happiness) for a few hours before bed, *waking them up* to go potty (and thereby breaking the NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING CHILD commandment), then sitting with them for 2 hours while they cry themselves to sleep because I *still* won't give them a huge glass of water, then they wake up with wet beds anyway. Anybody up for some torture? Because I could use the sleep.

Hmm.... I guess that's all.

6 comments:

ali said...

Shanna,

Give in to the night time pull-up. succumb to the dark side. It feels so good, and everyone else is doing it.

(seriously)

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

Ack! We just recently bought a Coolpix and now I'm worried.

Shanna said...

Sue, you should be very, very worried. Or maybe the 4 that we have had were just flukes. :(

Ali, I have this weird obsession to have them trained. Usually about the time I have to buy another box of diapers. I try again, then get frustrated and buy more, and forget about it, until time to buy more, then I have to try again. Yuck.

Cecilee said...

Not to scare you, but I have a friend whose kid is still not night trained and he's 6 and in first grade. He pees several times each night. They finally invested in an alarm that attaches to his underwear. She said it is the only thing that has worked. Just an idea for you......

Good luck with your day. Sounds fun!

thetallgrl said...

Ain't that the truth about night training? All that work and they usually end up peeing anyway. I did give in and put Caralie in Pull-ups for a good 8 months or so until she was really ready to go through the night. She wore her last Pull-up on Saturday night and has been dry since. Knock on wood!

Lisa L. said...

Sorry about the crying baby. I keep thinking that she will get better when she is older. But maybe not. At least now she can cry on her own without having to be held!