Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good:
  • Food. We have made some really good food lately, and we are well stocked on our food storage, and grocery shopping is fun. I am really loving food right now.
  • Our vegetable garden. I give Kydon 100% of the credit. We have over 40 tomatoes that are growing and will hopefully turn red soon, we have an abundance of cucumbers (eating one right now), and our first little yellow squash is starting to grow.
  • After having a toddler for a few hours, it makes me appreciate how mine are somewhat self-sufficient. I forgot how much you have to watch and manage and maintain a toddler! 4 and 5 year olds are much easier, in that respect.
  • Having family close by. Even better, having family close by with swimming pools. Thanks Lisa, Catherine, and Melinda, for keeping us cool!

The Bad:

  • We have slipped back into watching too much TV. I need to regain control over that seductive box.
  • Going through a phase where it is impossible to take the kids to public places. They scream, shout, and run away. Now that it is summer, and they are all home, my errand running and getting things done has been severely impaired.

The Ugly:

  • Church is a nightmare. Aidan throws a screaming fit the whole time we are there. As soon as we walk in the chapel, they all immediately rip through the church bag, spilling everything, and making a huge mess (despite all of our rules for them to *not* do that). Then we have to take Aidan out, and monitor Jack and Abigail, it is a true 3 ring circus. We can't control them in any sense of the word. Jack and Aidan go crazy in class, I watch their teachers wrestling them and trying (in vain) to get them to do what they are supposed to. It is ugly.
  • I miss my camera. Why is it that it will sit for weeks without being used, and then as soon as it is gone, I find myself wanting to take pictures every five minutes.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You totally need to just go buy a new camera--you deserve it for dealing with the bad and the ugly! I would go crazy without mine...try canon. I haven't had any problems with mine.

I hope you'll share some recipes of the good food you've been making...we are in a rut again.