Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's what he wanted

Jack has been begging for short hair for a long time now. It was time for a haircut a trim, and he ramped up the requests.


"I want really, really short hair, like Daddy, and Aidan. Use the buzzers. All over, like this".


Even though I like to let them choose, I cut his hair the way I like- not too long, not too short, and showing all of his gorgeous curls.



But he kept begging, and begging. And for some reason, I have no problem being strict and mean with the other two, but when Jack begs for things, I have to give in. It must be that smile. Oh, goodness, I can never get enough of that smile.


So, later that day, I cut his hair again. I did it the way he wanted it, and now he is really, really happy.

But I am sad.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

But he's still soooo cute!

colleensewnsew said...

Oh, I miss those curls, too. He looks like a different little boy, cute, but oh, those beautiful curls! Sorry, I am sad too!

Adam and Lisa said...

I love those curls. When he gets older, maybe he will realize how cute they are and keep them.

Savannah said...

I am sad too! He has such pretty hair, but he looks so happy.
I had a friend with curly hair like his and he hated it and he kept it really short, which to me was sad because he was so much better looking when it was longer and curly.
We still talk about the "You Choose" post at our house. When ever we need a good laugh we like to revisit it.

Valeni said...

I can't believe how different he looks! I think you did the right thing to do it his way. He does look really happy, and that's good.

Emily said...

He looks cute! I had to do the same thing with Kennedy. It stinks letting them think they actually have an opinion. Yuck.

ali said...

Wow, he looks like a totally different kid! I have the same argument with gabe, I like his hair on the long side too.

Melinda and Matt said...

Wow--he looks so different! I think you did the right thing, but I would be sad too...

Kelly said...

I don't blame you. And then they look so much older.

Hannah said...

I like those curl,but his new hairstyle makes him look more like a boy, at least in my country.

Shanna said...

Hannah, where are you from? The trend here is to have really long hair- the boys hair just keeps getting longer and longer! Even when Jack's was longer with the curls, it was much shorter than many that I see! I usually like shorter hair better, but for some reason I like Jack's a little longer! :)