Monday, June 8, 2009

She's lost it.

No, I'm not talking about myself.... although check back a little later and it might be my turn!


Abigail has had a loose tooth for a month or so. She hasn't really wiggled it, so it was just barely loose. Then I noticed that the permanent one had already broken through and was starting to come in behind it!


I asked my friend what to do, and she told me a story about one of her kids who had a tooth that wasn't coming out. She mentioned it to another friend at church, and that friend just yanked it out!


So, yesterday at church I tracked the woman down! I found her and pulled her outside, and let her loose on Abigail's tooth. :) She didn't get it pulled out, but she made significant progress on the loosening.



Then, at 5:00 this morning, Abigail runs into my room in the greatest excitement with a mouth full of blood, proudly exclaiming that she yanked it out herself!


"I just pulled and pulled as hard as I could and just ump- it came out!"

I took her picture, and when I went to upload it, I found that she had already taken a self-portrait! It was so cute I had to include it!

The only problem is that in all her excitement, she actually *lost* it! We have crawled around on the floor for an hour now, and can't find it anywhere! What does the Tooth Fairy do in that situation? When I was younger, we had a really nice Tooth Fairy, and if we didn't have the actual tooth, we could just leave a note, and we would still get a little money. Kydon grew up with a strict Tooth Fairy- no tooth=no money. He swallowed one once, and got nada.

What does your Tooth Fairy do?

11 comments:

abby jenkins said...

How Cute is she!? This Abigail is trying to keep her teeth from falling out! amazing how 40 years can change things!

Rebecca said...

Hmmm. Especially since it's the very first tooth I'd go with the nice tooth fairy route.

I used to be so freaked out by tooth pulling, but now I just reach in and get them out. I never thought I'd be able to do that. She's adorable!!

Katie said...

Oh, Poor Kydon. You know, when he swallowed it he COULD have gotten it back a day or so later...I bet the tooth fairy would have changed the rule a little then...:)By the way, I got home last night and found that package you sent. Wow! You are amazing! It is SO BEAUTIFUL! You have an amazing talent. Thank you so much!

Kelly said...

Wow, Kydon's tooth fairy was tough. I hope yours isn't so tough, especially since it is her first one. I would definitely have her write a note. We have had to do that a couple of times. It is really cute to see what they write down.

Now her teeth will start falling out like crazy.

Adam and Lisa said...

In the note, tell the toothfairy about your blog. Maybe she can see the pictures of the missing tooth in exchange for the actual tooth.

Valeni said...

Congratulations Abigail!
We saw how loose it was on Saturday. It must feel good to have it out of there so you can eat things better. By the way, Kydon's tooth fairy was nice....she always left Money as I remember. I think he did swallow it once though, and who can say why he didn't get anything. Maybe she had just had a busy week and was broke. Love you Kydon!

colleensewnsew said...

Congratulations to Abigail! It is so exciting to lose your first tooth. I know if she was living at my house, she would get lots and lots of money! Heh, heh!

Shanna said...

I wondered if maybe Kydon was exaggerating! It seemed kinda harsh to me! But he swears that's how it was- maybe he is just trying to get out of it! :)

By the way- never fear, I was in my room earlier today and FOUND THE TOOTH! So we have it in a safe place and it will be under the pillow tonight! :)

Melinda and Matt said...

That's great! I think of all the teeth that my two have lost, we have only actually had about 2 under the pillow--but it is sometimes better, because the notes can be saved by the toothfairy for her scrapbooks...

Jennifer Ricker said...

i was thinking you'd have to check the potty in the next few days for the tooth (ew!). I think you'll have to check Kydon's tooth fairy story with his brothers and sisters...seems very shady! The thought of the tooth jiggling makes me want to hurl!!!

Lisa said...

When Dallin lost his first tooth, dh had actually pulled it out in the bathroom, and it fell down the drain in the sink. So dh took the entire drain apart to find it. We wouldn't have done that for any other than the first tooth.