Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Said NO!

I just want to buy a $4 shirt. I thought I was getting a good deal, but they will make me pay. Oh boy, will they make me PAY!

No, I do not want to give you my phone number.

No, I do not want to sign up for a credit card.
  • Not even if I can save 30%
  • Not even if you will send me more coupons in the mail
  • Not even if I can immediately pay off my balance
  • Not even if I will get invited to "member's only" shopping days

No, I do not want to donate $1

No, I do not want to be on your mailing list.

No, I do not want to take a survey

  • Not even if I can get entered into a chance to win
  • Not even if I can get a coupon

How about this idea to generate revenue? I will pay an EXTRA 10% if you will just let me make my purchase in PEACE and quit asking me 50 million questions before I can get out the door!

I think next time I will do my shopping online.

7 comments:

Christine said...

Oh Man! I hate stores like that! When i went to buy maternity clothes they wanted my phone number, address, magazine interests and due date so I could get 'free' stuff (a bunch of ads!) I just wanted to buy a pair of pants and a bra! I said "Forget it" and went home and bought them online instead.sheesh!

Emily said...

I am so with you! Yikes. If I wanted to hear from you I'd offer my info. Ain't gonna happen!! Thanks anyway!!!

thetallgrl said...

AMEN! The worst one is Bath & Body Works - they ask for your email address EVERY TIME even if they already have it! "I'm already on your email list." "That's okay, we still need it so we can send you coupons." "I'm already getting coupons." Et cetera.

Jennifer said...

I had this problem at Home Depot, needless to say I don't go there anymore. And the ironic thing was I could not find anyone to help me while shopping, but had 3 people asking for my info when I checked out. Hello if you want my business help me when I need it!

Kelly said...

Amen sister. I love online shopping. No packing up the kids and searching around for sure. Although it is not quite as good as QVC...{wink, wink!}

Lisa L. said...

I hate when they ask for my phone number! I always say "I'd rather not give it out". They ask why and I tell them, "because I don't want you calling me." "Oh, we're not going to call you!" Then WHY THE HECK DO YOU NEED MY PHONE NUMBER!!!

ali said...

I feel your pain!