Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It is just not right

I would love to get Abigail's ears pierced. I wish I had done it as a baby, but now that she is not a baby, I feel like I need to wait until she wants to do it- it isn't something I can do if she doesn't want to. And she doesn't. We will talk about it, and she will say she wants to, then 5 min later she will say she doesn't.

On the other hand, is my niece, who has wanted her ears pierced for several years now, and her parents want her to wait. How ironic. :) She is 8 now, and finally wore them down, and got her ears pierced last night. Abigail got to go along (I was hoping she would want it done after that, but no such luck).

Afterward, my sister offered to buy all the kids some ice cream. Abigail's request? "Can I please just have water?" She generously offered to get her water and ice cream, but Abigail said that she only wanted water.

What is up with this girl???

7 comments:

Opp Family said...

I wish I had gotten Madeleine's pierced as a baby too! I feel the same way, now I'll have to wait until she wants it done - hopefully she'll want them a little more than Abigail (and hopefully she'll change her mind soon!).

Rebecca said...

Hehe! Oh there's just no telling what makes these kids tick sometimes! If only we could read their minds and get some insight.

Emily said...

I wish I wanted water when someone offerred me ice cream. No such luck.

Jennifer said...

Carolyn shouldn't feel too bad I was the ripe old age of 13 before I wore our parents down for some earrings.

ali said...

Let's hope she's the same way with makeup!

Lisa L. said...

Mom and dad were tired when they got to me- I was 9. Plus, we had just moved to GA and I had no friends. I think that sob story put me over the top.

amyswor said...

Was searching for a friend's blog and came across yours by accident. Was reading about wanting to have your 5 yr daughter's ears pierced. My 4 yr old was like yours, a little reluctant having it done at the mall.

However, one day out of blue, she she said she wanted her ears pierced, but didn't want to be the center of attention at the mall! She asked if I could do it? Well, after a little research, I found a number of disposable, sterile ear piercing kits for home use.


She picked out the earrings and I pierced her at home! It was very easy and she barely shed a tear.

If your wanting her to have them pierced, I suspect she'd trust you more than the girls at the mall.

Don't know if you'd be interested, but if so, write me and I'll send you some info.

Amy
Amyswor@hotmail.com