Thursday, September 10, 2009

Camping is much more fun for the kids

We went camping over the Labor Day weekend. We went with some great friends, which was the highlight of the whole thing, for sure.
Growing up, I LOVED camping. There just wasn't much better, in my opinion. As a married couple, Kydon and I took a lot of backpacking trips. Some were horrific, some were fantastic, and overall I enjoyed them.
But you know, as the years go by, I find myself not enjoying camping as much as I remember. I must be getting old!
The kids, of course, loved it. Loved every minute of it. The swimming, the fire, the tents, the dirt, the friends, the rope swing. We are still talking about the rope swing.

I am just happy to be home and counting the days until I finally can say goodbye to the hundred or so (not an exaggeration) of mosquito/chigger/wasp/tick bites I took home with me.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah, the bugs pretty much ruined it. Maybe next time we can do something more city oriented :)

ali said...

I hate bugs.

karthikeyan said...

Really so cute to see ....

Here is another baby Camping kids