Thursday, October 15, 2009

It kept him busy for at least an hour

Aidan stayed home a couple days this week with a fever. The first day he was pretty wiped out, and didn't even want to watch TV- he just laid on the couch and slept on and off. By the second day, he was starting to recover, and had moments of missing his brother and sister and telling me he was bored (in that soft, sweet voice of his. Wait- I mean he yelled it at the top of his lungs).

So, anytime I want to keep Aidan occupied for a while, I simply give him a skein of yarn. They are about $1, and well worth it.

He will work and work and work, until the entire house is strung.

It is a little tricky getting up and down the stairs (even for me)!

Look at how carefully he works. He is very deliberate in what he does.

He doesn't miss a room. He goes in and out and around all over the entire house. In and out, up and down, across and back again.

It makes him so happy.

Cleanup isn't too hard. It takes some time, and usually a pair of scissors, but it goes pretty fast.

He told me he wants to be a spider for Halloween. I think he is already there!

3 comments:

Savannah said...

I used to do the exact same thing as a kid!
My brother was a spider web last year. My mom bought the cheap web stuff at walmart and then we wrapped him in it and attached several of the spider rings to him. Wish I had a pic. She even used some of the glow in the dark web.

ali said...

Wow-I've never heard of that one!

Valeni said...

That is a very cute post...I love to see all the creative things that happen at yur house. keep up the good work!