Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Date Night

Kydon and I had one of our best dates ever on Saturday. (Much better than the last one).

We started out going to a CD release party for a good friend of mine, Ashley Harris. It was a packed house- wall to wall people, and I forgot how fun it is to go to something like that and just relax, listen to the music, and just enjoy yourself.

Oh, and I didn't even realize it, but she has an adoption song on her CD! It is called "Someday Somewhere Somebody", and is about a boy living in a home, hoping to be adopted. It was really touching. I also liked "Miracle in Me", and thought it had a great message for someone waiting to adopt (although it isn't specifically about adoption, but it is what the song connected to in me). The rest were just really great country songs! I had a blast, plus I felt like I was doing something cool for once- not just trying on khaki pants and stopping by the grocery store!

Afterward we twisted the arm of some friends that were there, and they went with us to grab some food. This was probably my favorite part of the night- great conversation and a lot of laughing! Something about Kydon drinking the wrong drink... and by the end we agreed to keep a dog. Not sure exactly how that happened!

And then we left, and joined the premier madness of New Moon. And I gotta say, I was quite solidly in the "team Edward" camp, but now I might have changed my mind... :) It was a great movie. And we got home at... 12:30! I know, we are total rebels.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! Date night is the best (when it's relaxing and fun.)

erika said...

What a great night! I'm glad you guys got to go out and enjoy yourselves.
I too have switched teams.....I have decided I am Team Edward in the books, but in the movie, I am totally Team Jacob!

thetallgrl said...

12:30? Aren't we too old for that?

Glad you had a great time with the hubs!

ali said...

yes, Jacob has a pretty great campaign going, doesn't he?