Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm not Grandma

On my last day of work, I was supposed to finish at 3:30. The plan was for my mom to pick up the kids and take them to their favorite jumping place, PLAY. They had been doing this routine for a couple weeks, and I think we were all getting a bit tired of all the run-around.

So, you can imagine how happy I was when our instructor let us out at 11:30 instead of 3:30. I was so excited to call my mom and cancel her services, and I was counting the minutes until the bus came and I could grab all my kiddos and bring them home.

I figured they would be happy to see me as well... but I was wrong!

When Abigail got off the bus, she scowled and stomped her foot. "Where's Grandma?" I told her that I was off work, and wasn't it great that I could pick her up? Well, no, apparently not. So, I buckle the mad girl into her seat and head off to get the boys. As soon as they spot me, they both scream and start crying. "YOU NOT GRAMMA"! "Now we can't go to jumping place"! They cried the whole way home, and were very mad at me the whole day.

What can I say- I'm just not Grandma!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds familiar! Glad they had fun with Grandma, but more glad you are done with your training classes & have time to blog again (and other things, but I missed your posts!) ;)

colleensewnsew said...

What can I say -- it's the best part of being a mother, when you turn into Grandma!