Monday, November 9, 2009

November is... National Adoption Month!

I love November! The slight cool in the air, the changing leaves, the holidays, and the celebration of adoption!

In case you didn't know, I love adoption.

It brought me this:

And this:
And even this:

You can expect a lot of posts about adoption related topics this month, since it is on my mind and also just a good excuse to talk about it all. But what I have been thinking about lately is just how much our lives are NOT affected by adoption.

Does that make sense?

Almost every minute of every day, adoption has nothing to do with us. I am a mom. Kydon is a dad. Our kids are just that- our kids. We eat together, play together, love each other, get mad at each other, laugh and drive each other crazy. Just like every other family I have ever known. In the big picture, and in the detailed up close picture, we are a family. Adoption is part of our story. A big part of our past, but it doesn't define us. It hasn't made us different. We are just a normal, everyday family with 3 kids and 2 parents.

And that, to me, is the miracle of adoption.

4 comments:

Savannah said...

Brilliant post!

Villamor family said...

that is definately the miracle of adoption....in this economy:)

i agree!

Chase, James, Mandy and Joe said...

Well said--exactly how I feel!

Chase, James, Mandy and Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.