Friday, November 6, 2009

An overused phrase

Whenever I hear a phrase that gets overused, it makes me want to use it as much as humanly possible. Mostly to draw attention to the overuse, and also because it will sometimes make people laugh.

This week's phrase? "Especially in this economy". Seriously, don't you hear that everywhere? And as an excuse for everything? So now I'm going to use it myself.

Here are some examples of ways to work it into all of your conversations:

I'm really hungry. Especially in this economy.

I don't feel like going to school. Especially in this economy.

We shouldn't eat that ice cream. Especially in this economy.

See? A very helpful phrase.

6 comments:

ali said...

that was awesome, I love it!!

I do that too. It also helps when you say it in a Gameshow host voice... it ads emphasis.

I'm totally going to pull that one out in my conversations!

Kayleen said...

You are hilarious!!!!! Best blog of all time!!

Lisa L. said...

Correction:
We SHOULD eat ice cream, especially in the economy!

Melinda said...

Can I add that I really hate that everything is now a "Stimulus" or "Bail Out"--no longer sales, just a Stimulus offer.

Villamor family said...

i listen to talk radio while driving and i hear "in times like these"....

especially in this economy!

Jennifer said...

I personally would like to ban staycation and 'at the end of the day' from all radio shows and in print! I like your solution though- if you can't beat them join them and laugh.