Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Adoption Art- by Aidan

This week during church, Aidan came up to me to show me his drawing. This was totally out of the blue, we haven't really talked about adoption for a while.

He said "what that girl name who we were in her tummy?" "You mean A?" "Yea- this is a picture of her and me and Jack in her tummy". The big black spots are the food that she ate that made the boys healthy.

It was so cool to hear him repeat and take in the ideas that we have been telling him!
Then on Monday, we were getting a little gift together for her, and I had them each record a little message for her. I didn't want to direct too much of what they should say, so I just told them that we were making a message for Angela, and asked what they wanted to say. Jack's message said "I like when you gave me that monster truck" (she gave him a monster truck on our last visit).
But Aidan came up with the sweetest thing- all on his own- he said "I like the family you chose for me, and I love you". He also had the sweetest grin on his face when he said it, it was so precious!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I love that..what a sweet boy!

ali said...

Oh that's so sweet!

thetallgrl said...

What a wonderful thing to say! I bet that made her very happy. You have great kids.

Rebecca said...

So cute & what a sweet thing to say! It is so awesome how much they understand at such a young age. Amazing!

Jen said...

That's so cool. I've been trying to talk to Liam more about his birth mom, but it feels weird since I know he doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Katie said...

Oh-Love that! I think she picked a good family for him too. It's cool that he realizes that.