Monday, January 4, 2010

The Last Day

The last day of Christmas vacation.

It is C.O.L.D. Not normal for Georgia, and I am not loving it. No going outside, no Stone Mountain, no parks, no zoo... What do all of you DO when it is this cold outside?

No more company. I miss them. The friends, the family, the crazy chaotic kids running around. Yes, it drives me crazy at times, but I miss all the people we have been surrounded with the past week or two.

No more chocolate. It has all been eaten. I must remedy that quickly.

No more excuses to put off the dishes, laundry, and cleaning.

No more going out for meals... I must get back to real life and cook something.

But... since today, Monday, is a teacher work day, we DO have one more day.

One more day to stay in our jammies until noon.

One more day to watch TV all morning.

One more day to put off the cleaning and work.

One more day to say "I'll work on that tomorrow".

One more day to drive each other crazy and wonder what we are going to do today.

I think I like school starting on a Tuesday. It is making for a nice transition!

3 comments:

ali said...

ok, getting back to routine has hit me like a ton of bricks. My house is one big holiday mess, and I need to remind myself all day today how to clean and do laundry...

Lisa said...

Today was our first day back to normal, and I have to say it was fabulous! Apparently we really need the structure.

Shanna said...

We are smack dab in the middle of holiday mess as well. I'm scared to even go in the basement.....