Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Things like this make me frustrated

We had a lovely morning. Abigail got off to school, and we remembered everything- brush teeth, shoes with socks, hair fixed, sight words, and not only that, but we had everything in her backpack that she needed!

Jack and Aidan had a nice breakfast, they played really happily with some empty soda bottles, and we did preschool. Okay, the preschool didn't go that well, but we did get through it. Then it was play time. They went up to their room while I balanced the checkbook. When I checked on them, I found this:
Apparently he didn't know the shelf would fall if he hung on it. Even though mommy told him numerous times, it must have been an accident.
Now the holes in their wall from when they went at it with a screwdriver have some company.

(Don't know why the colors are totally off from these two pictures- they are of the same wall!)
I can't help but think of how much work it will be to patch it... and sand it... and paint it... and clean up all the mess.... Ugh.
And this was one of the rooms that had been recently painted and was "done". Maybe I should just leave it until they move out.


5 comments:

Kelly said...

I feel your pain Shanna. I feel your pain.

Melinda said...

I can't tell you how many things have been torn out of the wall by kids hanging on them. I make the kids do jobs to 'pay' for the time it takes to fix what they did.

mommymuse said...

Oh, I hear you. I'm thinking that when we move I'm not going to spend any time or money painting, redoing flooring, or ANYTHING until the kids are teenagers. It is soooo frustrating!

ali said...

oh Shanna! I also feel your pain. Gabe ripped off one of our towel racks and left a huge hole that we still haven't fixed :(

kids, am I right?

Nishant said...

I feel your pain.

Work from home India