Wednesday, January 27, 2010

To-Do List Updated

Well, it took me about 2 days instead of one (doesn't everything?), but I did actually get most of my to-do list done!

- Give Jack and Aidan haircuts and baths: check- I butchered both heads. I was just trying to trim the edges, but they are wiggly and not very cooperative. Oh well- at least the hair is off the ears. It's not like they go anywhere, right? :) And while they were in the bath, I was able to get all of the utilities for the old house changed over to our name. Score! A bonus 'done' item!

- Go to cannery: I bought wheat and rice for myself, and a few boxes for my sister. I did take a wrong turn getting there (dumb, since I've been there plenty of times), but thanks to Kydon's Garmin he got for Christmas, I was able to re-route with no problem. The great news is that I am about 75% to my goal of having a one year supply of basic food on hand!

- While at the cannery, stop by the adoption agency (they are right next door to each other) and try to meet the new adoption worker: Every time I go to the agency for a meeting, I sit in the conference room and stare at their wall of pictures- all these pictures of kids who have been adopted through the agency. Well, guess what? None of my kids are up there! So I found some baby pictures and dropped them off, and the new adoption worker was available, and I was able to sit and talk with her for a few minutes (might have been longer, but Jack and Aidan took all her throw pillows and were recreating WWF). She wants me to help and organize, but not be in charge, which is exactly what I want! So I left there feeling pretty great!

- Clean and paint the rental house: Monday I was able to do a ton of cleaning and prep work, and then yesterday I was able to start painting. Thanks to some help from my mom, I am almost finished with the main floor, and I will start on the upstairs and bedrooms today. It is clicking right along, and I feel pretty good about the progress made!

- Dishes, laundry, dinner: Well, I have been doing the minimum to keep up. I did a bunch of laundry yesterday, I've cooked dinner both nights, and dishes have mostly been done. I will confess that the car is an absolute trash heap. The boys keep wanting to bring huge bins of toys to the old house when we go, and even though they never play with them, the toys just sit in the car, it is easier to let them bring the toys than try to fight them on it. And there are all sorts of paint cans and cleaning supplies in the back. Not to mention the huge bag of pretzels that Abigail *accidentally* spilled all over the whole thing. (Is it really an accident when I tell her not to touch the bag, and she grabs it and tries to throw it to the boys? I know her purpose wasn't to spill, but she WAS being disobedient and defiant!) I need to clean it out... maybe today.

I am going to take it somewhat easy today, since I am heading off to work tonight. I plan to go over and work for a few hours, then come home and try to take a short rest with the help of a movie. Tomorrow I will sleep part of the day, and maybe I can do something in the afternoon. Friday will be the big day, with Kydon taking a day off work and his parents coming up to help out.

Tons of fun!

3 comments:

Kydon said...

All I can say is you are super woman. I don't know how you do so much! I feel guilty as I just sit here all day in front of a computer at work. Way to go Shanna!

Jennifer said...

No kidding! You are amazing! Praise, praise, praise. You're my idol.

thetallgrl said...

You put me to shame. I agree on the superwoman comment!

By the way, we made the Caramel Rice Krispies tonight. HOLY MOLEY those are GOOD!!! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!