Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Morning

Why is it that Monday seems to have a much bigger 'to do' list than any other day?

This particular Monday list is compounded by the fact that I worked Thurs. and Friday, so I've basically been out of commission since Wed.

And the house shows it. It also shows that I haven't mopped in far too long. And the kids had to do some serious scrounging for clothing to wear today. Time for laundry, once again!

But, first on the list, is to spend my last, last day (it better be the last) working at the old house. We listed it for sale over the weekend (http://www.9143carrollmanor.com/), and I just need to finish up the last few final things- a little mopping, scrub the sink, sweep out the garage, and put down some pine straw.

And tomorrow will be busy- we have an appointment for The Haircut, a playdate with some friends we don't often see, and Abigail's first soccer practice. She is beyond excited- excited for the hair, excited for the playdate, excited for soccer, and excited that we have something to do after school besides just come home and "be boring".

Oh, and it's been 23 days since my oven died, and I still don't miss it. I do miss pizza and brownies, but we really don't need those anyway, right?

9 comments:

ali said...

you can always order pizza...

Erika said...

What did you decide on the haircut? Can't wait to hear how it goes :)
Good luck with your house selling!

Michelle said...

When our oven was out, we would cook a pizza on the grill. It can be done! :)

Shanna said...

Erika- we are going to go for the short cut! I found someone really great to cut it, so I am excited (and very nervous!)

Michelle- I have heard of pizza on the grill, but haven't dared to try it yet. I need to try it, because pizza was a staple around here! Thanks for the tip!

And yes, we have ordered pizza, but I like the homemade better.

colleensewnsew said...

Can't wait to see the haircut! I'll bet she looks great.

colleensewnsew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valeni said...

Fun to see Abigail and I am missing her. I hope to visit you all soon.

Cecilee said...

I can't wait to see the haircut too. How exciting! I am getting a lot more used to Jenna's hair and I'm starting to like it more. The maintainance can't be beat, that is for sure. Also, she got it cut on Thursday morning and it looked the exact same all the way through Saturday night. Yep, three days of no washing or messing with it. Totally worth it. I'm not even ashamed to admit that we didn't wash it for that long! ;o)

Camille said...

Hey Shanna! I just wanted to commend you on a great job with the old house- it looks SO good! I can understand why you sometimes want to move back there now although I love your new house too