Monday, March 8, 2010

40 bags in 40 days

I have been reading all about how Sarah, over at Clover Lane, is purging her house. She is trying to get rid of 40 bags of stuff during the 40 days of Lent. She has already gotten rid of more than 30 bags! I love stories like that. Then, today I called my sister, and she was in the middle of purging her guest room closet. As I listened to all she was getting rid of, my blood started pumping and I knew I would have to join in.

So, starting today, I am going to try and get rid of 40 bags of *stuff*! Either give it away or throw it away, but somehow get it out of my house.

It won't be easy. I am actually a habitual purger. I purge all the time. When Flylady tells me to do the 27-fling boogie, I have to walk around and try to find things to get rid of. Because it gives me great pleasure to get rid of stuff, most of the stuff I have is stuff I need or like.

BUT, that being said, I bet I can find 40 bags. I started today, and I have filled 2 bags of trash and 1 bag to give away. That brings my grand total to 3. A long way from 40, but at least it is a start!

Anyone want to join me?

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I will--though I'm going to count the stuff I did yesterday! I guess I have 3 of trash and 2 to give away...so i've got 5!

Jen said...

I REALLY need to make myself do this! I was already planning on cleaning out closets for a clothing swap so I might as well join and try it out. does it matter what size bag?

thetallgrl said...

We're purging over here too. Planning a yard sale for Saturday. The leftovers go to Goodwill. Feels good to let go!

Cecilee said...

Oooo... sounds fun. I think I will join in today. I have a pile in the corner of my room ready for DI. That will be atleast two bags. Not sure I can make 40 though. I am like you... I like to get rid of things periodically.

Jennifer Ricker said...

how big are the bags?

Shanna said...

I am using regular large trash bags. But, there is no way I will get to 40. I have been through every bedroom, all the main rooms, and the basement, and my total is 17.

I think I need about 1 more bag for my closet, and Kydon might get rid of a few things in his closet. Then I will attack the garage, but I don't think there will be 21 bags just from the garage!